Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Woeful Spotlight: Carly Engels Johnston

This week’s spotlight is Carly Engels Johnston, who gives new meaning to "Don't drink the water," when vacationing in Cabo! Check out her essay in Woe of the Road!


So, Cabo seemed like the trip from hell. Did anything good happen at least?

Absolutely. I got to try a ton of new food, experience a completely different area and culture from a local perspective and the friend I stayed with was a fantastic (and hot) guide.

If you could be any animal, what would you be? 

I would say a shark because I find them incredibly graceful, but that seems to unnerve people. So, that being said, there is something about the smallness and efficiency of prairie dogs and meerkats that I also identify with. I can't stop watching them when I am at a zoo; they are just too cute!

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? 

I have to name just one? Let's just keep it broad and say overall cleaning.

Promote yourself --- where can we find your work?  

I ghost write the marketing content for law firm websites throughout the US, Canada and the UK. My creative work is by request only, but eventually I will make it available for public consumption. You can also find me on Facebook under Carly Engels Johnston, where I am known to post the occasional witty and/or alliterative remark about the banalities of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment