Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Woeful Spotlight: Nicole Levesque

Other than writing, being struck by buses, and going out on bad dates, what are some of your other hobbies?
The vast majority of my time is spent fending off the romantic and often volatile advances from my homeless gentlemen suitors, refinishing furniture, and dreaming of a Crate and Barrel life.  I also enjoy baking, bicycling, old lady magazines, and an unhealthy amount of celebrity gossip.

If you could have one super power, what would you pick and why?
I would prefer to have any and all of the powers of Mary Poppins.  Her purse fits everything and more, with a snap of her fingers rooms clean themselves, she avoids excessive air fare fees with her handy umbrella, and, by her own and others admission, she is practically perfect in every way.

What can you tell us about your first short story? It sounds juicy!
Like many stories I have, it was born out of pain, embarrassment, and the realization that others find my particular humiliations to be amusing.  I think when we’re starting out we want to be like Zach Morris and Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell, but often come out like Angela Chase and Jordan Catalano from My So-Called Life: awkward and faltering.  

What's your idea of a great date?
I’d have to say April 25th, because it’s not too hot, not to cold, and all you need… kidding!  My idea of a great date would include conversation, cocktails, and a lot of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment