Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Woeful Spotlight: Aurelia DeLuca

Your story is about an unfortunate dating experience, of which you seem to have many.  Please share another one with us.

Oh boy, where to start. I was studying abroad in Italy one summer and was corresponding frequently with a boy from school who had embarked on a post-graduation trip around the world. Much to my delight, he decided to make a stop in the small Italian town in which I was staying. He arrived on a Thursday and suggested I blow off my Friday classes. I felt so wrapped up in the magic of being abroad in the midst of a promising romantic escapade that I happily agreed. The next morning, however, the nerd in me emerged. Even after sending my roommate to school with an excuse for me, I ran to class leaving a guy who literally had traveled half way around the world just to see me. I got an A but he was understandably peeved.

Your bio claims you learned geography from the map on your shower curtain.  Do you have any other household furnishings that have offered a significant boost to your I.Q.?

Yes, indeed I do. I own a kiddie cup from Target displaying not 1, not 2 but all 26 letters of the alphabet. For more advanced learning, my abstract floral bed spread also identifies the colors used in its pattern, but they are ultra specific, like "Midday Blue" and "Orange 200." So, not for the beginning color theorist.

If you could go on a road trip with any famous person (dead or alive), who would it be and where would you go?

Well, my first instinct would be Jesus. There seems to be a lot of commotion over what he said or didn't say and what he meant by that. But I can see two hiccups in this plan right now: A. Jesus probably didn't speak English so we'd need a translator. B. He doesn't have a license so I'd have to do all the driving.

So more realistically (because this is all about plausibility, right?), I'd go with Michael Cera. He's laid back, he's funny, he's about my age. It'd be cool to road trip across the country from New York and end up in L.A. By then we'd be buds (or perhaps more? maybe two gauches make a right?) and he could introduce me to his peeps. Also, he, I'm sure, has a drivers license, no offense J.C.

Pimp yourself:  What is next for Aurelia DeLuca? I fully intend to dust off the old blog, http://myparentssayimawesome.blogspot.com in the very near future. Otherwise I'll be suffering awkward circumstances right and left, but content in the fact that I'll have something to write about when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment